Bienvenue, Invité. Merci de vous connecter ou de vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre e-mail d'activation ?

28 avril 2024, 03:31:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Membres
Stats
  • Total des messages: 5084
  • Total des sujets: 2368
  • En ligne aujourd'hui: 69
  • Record de connexion total: 138
  • (14 novembre 2018, 09:31:35 pm)
Membres en ligne
Membres: 0
Invités: 23
Total: 23

Auteur Sujet: Ecureuils 1, Citadine soigneuse 0.  (Lu 903 fois)

JacquesL

• Administrateur
  • Membre Héroïque
Ecureuils 1, Citadine soigneuse 0.
« le: 05 mars 2007, 04:16:16 pm »
Ecureuils 1,
Citadine soigneuse 0.

http://wcco.com/seenon/local_story_264093153.html

Determined Squirrels Fill Woman's Car With Nuts

Bridgette Bornstein
Reporting

(WCCO) Fridley, Minn. A Twin Cities woman has a pesky problem with her new car: squirrels leaving nuts behind in her car.

"I was freaking out because I didn't want anything wrong with it since it's brand new," said Tiffany Smith, of Fridley, Minn.

Smith said she kept hearing strange noises coming from her car and thought there were rocks in her engine.

"I popped (the hood) open, looked under it and just screamed," Smith said.

Not rocks, but thousands of walnuts stashed under the hood. At first, Smith said she thought it was a prank, but she soon found a nest.

"She was crying, and I said, 'Isn't it just a little bit funny,' and she said 'Well, I guess kind of a little funny,'" said Kim Vertbrugge, Smith's mother.

The squirrels continue to pull their gags on Smith. She keeps cleaning out the car, but the squirrels continue to fill it back up.

"There has to be more than one doing it though," Smith said. "It can't be just one squirrel. There are way too many walnuts."

Smith checked with her insurance company and it said this kind of damage is not covered. She is trying a spray repellant around the car, but so far it has not deterred the determined squirrels.